What are rodents?
If a rodent has made its way into your Anaheim, CA area home, it is likely a mouse or rat. Both have developed close relationships with people and the structures we live in.
While rats and mice are two different species, they do share some characteristics, including the following traits:
- Sharp front incisors that continuously grow throughout their lives
- Ability to crawl through small spaces, scurry, and jump gives a mouse or rat access to almost anywhere they want to go
- Problem solving skill, making keeping them out of our homes difficult
- Ability to spread diseases, bacteria, and parasites that can make people and our pets ill
Another thing mice and rats have in common is that neither the mouse nor the rat should ever be allowed to call our California houses home. A pest control treatment for your Anaheim home is the best way to get the furry pests out for good!
Are rodents dangerous?
Rodents are pests that scavenge for their food which often puts them in contact with garbage, sewers, and decaying debris. When rodents find their way into your home, they will contaminate its surfaces and the food you have stored inside with urine, excrement, saliva, and bacteria they are carrying on their bodies and legs. Rodents also cause a lot of destruction chewing through stored items, food containers, wires, cables, and A/C ducts.
Why do I have a rodent problem?
Rodents have become common household pests because the truth is that they can’t resist our houses. They will use their sharp front incisors to chew through siding, vents, and wood trim to enter your home. Once rodents are inside, if your home provides them with food, water, and shelter, they will stay and take advantage of the basic needs your home offers them.
Where will I find rodents?
By nature, rodents are sneaky, and because they are prey animals, they like to spend most of their time hidden. When rodents are in our homes, they spend their days hiding and nights foraging for food and nesting materials. Some of their favorite hiding and nesting spots within our homes are crawl spaces, wall voids, storage containers, the backs of cabinets, and behind appliances.
How do I get rid of rodents?
Rodents can be a nightmare for any homeowner; the best way to eliminate rodents from your property is with the help of an experienced professional. At A-1 Bonded Termite, we treat every customer like family, and we will do our absolute best to ensure we solve your home’s mouse and rat problems through our customized, high-quality rodent control services.
For over 40 years, we have been helping homeowners in Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties guard their homes against unwanted houseguests. We offer our customers effective and cost-efficient solutions and guarantee the best possible results and peace of mind. To learn more about residential or commercial rodent control services in the Anaheim area, please reach out to us at A-1 Bonded Termite.
How can I prevent rodents in the future?
To help you keep rodents out of your home, we want to provide you with the following five tips:
- Cut back tree branches and shrubbery from your home’s exterior.
- Seal all openings in your home’s exterior using appropriate materials.
- Store your family’s food out of reach in the fridge or airtight containers.
- Regularly clean your home, including spaces under furniture and appliances.
- Make sure containers like trash cans, recycling bins, and compost bins always have lids on them.
While the above pest prevention tips are helpful, partnering with a professional is the best way to maintain a rodent-free home!