Why Do I Have Bed Bugs In My Anaheim Home?
February 04, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Have you been experiencing itchy welts on your skin, especially at night? Are you seeing small reddish-brown bugs in your bed or furniture? You may have a bed bug infestation. Once eradicated across the U.S, these bugs are making a comeback, and they're causing havoc for Anaheim homeowners.
Bed bugs are nocturnal insects that feed on blood, and they're excellent at hiding in small cracks and crevices. They can go months without feeding, which makes them difficult to eliminate. If you think you have bed bugs, it's essential to contact a professional Anaheim pest control company right away.
A bed bug infestation can quickly get out of control, and the last thing you want is for these bugs to take over your home.
How Can I Be Sure It's Bed Bugs In My Home?
Since many people have grown up and never experienced a bed bug infestation, it can be tricky to identify them. However, here are some signs that you may have a bed bug problem:
- Itchy welts: Bed bugs bite, and it can result in itchy welts on your skin. These bites are often mistaken for mosquito or spider bites.
- Reddish-brown bugs: You may see tiny reddish-brown bugs in your bed or on furniture. Bed bugs are small, flat, and oval-shaped. They're about the size of an apple seed.
- Bloodstains: Bed bugs feed on blood, so you may find small bloodstains on your sheets or pillowcases.
- A musty odor: Bed bugs give off a musty or sweet smell when disturbed.
If you find identifying bed bugs difficult, consult bed bug control companies near you. An expert will identify the bed bugs and develop a treatment plan specific to your infestation.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Bed Bugs In My House?
Most bed bug control professionals will tell you that bed bugs are not dangerous. However, they can:
- Cause skin rashes, welts, and other allergic reactions
- Make your life miserable
- Be expensive to get rid of
- Cause emotional stress and anxiety
- Make you dispose of your belongings
As you can see, bed bugs are nothing to scoff at. They're pesky, hard to eliminate, and can cause many problems for homeowners. Don't hesitate to contact bed bug pest control in Anaheim if you think you have bed bugs. The sooner you take action, the better.
How Do Bed Bugs Find Their Way Into Homes?
Bed bugs can enter your home in a variety of ways:
- They can hitch a ride on you, your clothes, or your belongings.
- They can be brought into your home by guests.
- They can come into your home through cracks and crevices, especially if you live in an apartment complex.
- They can enter your home on used furniture, appliances, or clothing.
While it's difficult to prevent bed bugs from entering your home without the help of bed bug control near you, there are some things you can do to lessen the chances:
- Inspect belongings before bringing them into your home.
- Check for cracks and crevices and install door sweeps.
- Keep furniture away from the walls.
- Don't leave used clothing lying around.
- Avoid buying second-hand furniture.
- Vacuum and clean regularly.
You can make your home less inviting for bed bugs by taking these precautions. Nevertheless, the only way to completely rid your home of these pests is to get bed bug pest control services for your home.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My House?
Professional pest control to kill bed bugs is the only way to get rid of them for good. A professional can quickly eliminate bed bugs from your home with the proper tools.
Here at A-1 Bonded Termite, we have a team of experienced professionals equipped to handle any bed bug infestation—no matter how big or small. We understand how difficult it is to deal with these pests, which is why we offer free inspections and prompt response times. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.