What To Do If You Suspect You Have Termites In Your Anaheim Home
January 03, 2023 - Termites
When you see one termite, you might ignore it, believing that it won't cause any significant damage to your property. You may not know that the single termite could be a part of a colony of termites that can bring your Anaheim home tumbling down, especially if you are living in a timber house. Fortunately, you can easily notice the signs of termite infestation in your home and contact Anaheim pest control experts for help.
Termites are tiny insects but can cause serious property damage. In this article, you will learn what damages termites can cause, how to remove their attractants, and the best ways to get rid of house termites.
You're Likely Never To See A Termite
You can have a termite swarm in your house without knowing. These insects are quiet destroyers that can chew through your wooden flooring and other structures virtually undetected. If your house has crevices and cracks, these creatures can crawl in and start damaging the wooden materials holding your house together.
Although termites in Anaheim are difficult to spot, they will leave signs that can help you to know they have encroached upon your home. Some of these signs include:
- Termite swarm in your house: Adult termites are winged and like to fly in groups. You can see the swarm getting out or into your house.
- Mud tubes: Termites build mud tubes from saliva, mud, soil, and wood pieces. Many of these tubes can look like veins on wood.
- Discarded wings: Termites aren't great fliers. They will shed their wings when they mature and crawl away.
- Wood tissues: Termites like to attack the inner parts of wood, leaving them hollow.
Be on the lookout for the above signs and if you notice evidence of termites, call A-1 Bonded Termite immediately for termite identification and extermination.
The Extent Of Damage Termites Can Cause To Your Home
While termites may be harmless to you, the damage they can cause in your home is catastrophic. And the worst part is that you can't control them without help from qualified pest control experts.
That’s not all. Termites can attack wooden structures and eat into the inner parts of the woods, leaving them hollow and weak. They can cause painted walls to peel off or bubble. They can also leave dirt on their paths, making your structures look unsightly. Termites are also known for damaging walls, ceilings, and floors and can also invade your furniture. They can also destroy your carpets, books, photograph frames, and even the foundation of your house.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Termites To Your Property
The following steps can help remove termite attractants from your home:
- Remove tree stumps: Termites love dead and dry tree stumps, especially if they start rotting and become soft.
- Wood piles: If you must have wood piles in your home, make sure they are far away from your house.
- Mulch: Any cut dry grass or leaves are among the leading termite attractants. Make sure you clean your yard and keep the mulch away from your house.
It is best to invite pest control experts to inspect your home regularly. These experts know the signs of termite damage and will help you before it's too late.
The Best Thing To Do If You Spot Signs Of Termite Damage
No matter the termite removal technique you adopt, none can replace working with a reputable pest control company like A-1 Bonded Termite. When you hire us, we will eliminate all termites in your home. So, if you notice any signs of termites inside your house, call us immediately. We will then take measures, including annual inspections, to ensure they don't come back.