The Secret To Protecting Your Anaheim Home From Termites
May 25, 2022 - Termites
Termites are extremely dangerous pests that cause extensive damage to California homes. They voraciously chew through wooden framing and structures, which could lead to a collapse if an infestation goes unnoticed.
Don't let termites ruin your property. Read on to learn more about the dangers of termites and how A1 Bonded Termite prevents and treats serious infestations.
Different Types Of Termites That You Can Find In Anaheim
Although there are 45 different kinds of termites, there are a few that tend to inhabit Anaheim homes. Here is a list of the three termite species in the local area along with their identifying characteristics:
- Subterranean: These termites range in color from creamy white to dark brown. They prefer to build their habitats underground, in the dark, moist environment soil provides. Subterranean termites create mud tubes and use them to travel around.
- Dampwood: This species of termite also ranges from white to brown and builds colonies in wood with high moisture content. You'll find them in dead trees, utility poles, and rotted fencing. Inside homes, damp, moist areas and water-damaged wooden structures attract these pests.
- Drywood: Drywood termites range from white to light brown. They prefer dry wood, and you may frequently find them in attic framing in a home infestation. These insects also infest furniture, picture frames, and other household items made of wood.
If you notice any of these bugs in your home or around your property, you may have an infestation.
Signs Of Termites To Be On The Watch For Around Your Home
Becoming familiar with the signs of termites helps you properly identify an infestation. It's important to call for help quickly before significant structural damage occurs. Here are some of the telltale symptoms of a termite infestation:
- Mud tubes on your walls, furniture, or foundation
- Drywall that appears to be drooping
- Paint peeling off walls
- Windows or doors that are hard to open or get stuck
- Squeaky floorboards
- Loose flooring tiles
- Small holes in drywall
- Small piles of wood pellets, known as termite "frass" that look like salt and pepper
- The presence of flying termites, or swarmers, on your property
- Hollow sounds when you tap the walls
- Crumbling wood
- Buckling floorboards
Time is of the essence when it comes to termites. Contact a trusted exterminator with extensive termite removal experience, like A-1 Bonded Termite.
How Termite Activity Can Go Unnoticed For Some Time
Termites often go unnoticed by homeowners for several reasons. One of the main reasons is misidentification. Termites look very similar to ants, and because they are so small, it's difficult to see the difference with your naked eye. They're also relatively reclusive insects, meaning they'd rather stay within your walls and feed on wood than crawl around in the open.
Sometimes, there will be little to no visible evidence of termites on your property, but behind the scenes, they're destroying the structural integrity of your home. Termite infestations can quickly get out of hand, so staying alert is essential. Investing in routine pest control inspections and prevention services is a surefire way to detect termites before they cause too much damage.
The Best Way To Protect Your Anaheim Home From Termites
The best way to get rid of termites is to work with a high-quality pest control company, like A-1 Bonded Termite. We've been a go-to source for termite pest control in Anaheim since 1976. We offer preventative and maintenance services to keep your home pest-free year-round. Our technicians are trained in structural fumigation techniques to eradicate the toughest infestations. We guarantee your satisfaction with all of our services or your money back. Contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.