The Key To Keeping Ants Out Of Your Anaheim Home
April 08, 2022 - Ants
Ants play a vital role in the environment. They help to aerate the soil and recycle nutrients. Without them, our ecosystem would collapse. However, when they invade our homes, ants quickly become a nuisance.
There are over 12,000 species of ants in the world. Of these, only a handful become household pests. Still, once ants find their way into your Anaheim home, they're difficult to eliminate.
Most ants are attracted to sweet or greasy foods. If you have an ant problem, speak to an Anaheim pest control contractor about getting rid of them. They can help you identify the source of the problem and recommend the proper treatment.
Untreated ants can cause extensive and expensive damage to your property and place your family's health and safety at risk.
Common Ant Species That Invade Anaheim Homes
Anaheim's diverse climate and terrain make it a hot spot for ant activity. Some of the most common species that invade homes include:
- Argentine ants: These tiny, light-colored ants are one of the most invasive species in the world. They often live near water sources, such as sinks, toilets, and drains.
- Carpenter ants: As their name suggests, carpenter ants tunnel through wood to build their nests. This can cause extensive damage to your home's structural integrity.
- Little black ants: These ants are small - usually less than ⅛ of an inch long. They're attracted to sweets and often build their nests in cracks and crevices.
- Odorous house ants: These tiny, dark-colored ants get their name from the foul smell they emit when crushed. They live near food sources, such as kitchens and pantries.
- Pavement ants: These small, black ants get their name because they build their nests in cracks of sidewalks and pavement. They're attracted to sweets and often invade homes through fissures in the foundation.
As you can tell, ant control in Anaheim isn't a luxury - it's a necessity. Contact ant pest control for assistance if you come across ants on your property. With the help of an experienced pest control firm, you can terminate these pests and protect your family from their destructive effects.
Why You Don't Want Ants Crawling Around Your House
Coming across a single ant may not seem like a big deal. However, ants live in large colonies that can number in the millions. If you see one ant, there are likely thousands more lurking nearby.
Below are some of the reasons why you don't want ants crawling around your home:
- They can contaminate food. Most ants are attracted to sweet or greasy foods. If they find their way into your pantry or kitchen, they can contaminate your food supply.
- They can spread disease. Some ant species, such as the pharaoh ant, are known to spread disease. These pests can pick up bacteria and viruses and transfer them to humans.
- They can cause structural damage. Some ant species, such as carpenter ants, tunnel through wood to build their nests. This can weaken your home and put your family at risk.
- They can be challenging to eliminate. Once ants find their way into your home, they're hard to get rid of.
Ant control for homeowners isn't your next do-it-yourself project. When left to their own devices, ants can wreak havoc on your property.
For reliable carpenter ant control in Anaheim, get expert ant pest control near you. With the help of an experienced pest exterminator, you can put an end to your ant problem and protect your family and belongings in the process.
Five Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Your Home
Although it's advisable to contact a pest control company at the first sign of ants, there are some things you can do to prevent these pests from taking up residence in your home.
Below are five easy and practical ant prevention tips for your home:
- Keep your kitchen clean.
- Seal up cracks and crevices.
- Eliminate sources of excess moisture.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy.
These tips have been tested and proven to prevent ants from entering homes. But, if you already have an ant problem, speak to your local pest control company about your ant control options.
The Most Effective Ant Control For Your Home
The most effective ant control option for your home is to contact a professional pest exterminator. We have access to products and tools that aren't available to the general public. More importantly - we have the necessary experience and training.
If you're interested in ant control products that are safe for pets - A1 Bonded Termite has you covered. We offer a variety of eco-friendly ant control solutions that are safe for your family and pets.
For the most effective ant control in Anaheim, contact us today. Our team of experienced pest control technicians will diligently work to solve your ant problem quickly and efficiently.
Schedule a free consultation today.