The Key To Dealing With Bed Bugs Inside Your Anaheim Home
September 09, 2022 - Bed Bugs
If there is one pest that can ruin a good night's sleep, it is the bed bug. Thinking about these little bugs crawling over your body, and using you as a host, will keep you up at night. Added to the discomfort of a bed bug bite is the problem of eradicating them from your home.
If you find red bite marks on your arms, legs, back, and other body parts, you need the best pest control in Anaheim, A-1 Bonded Termite. Our professional pest control experts will eliminate the bed bugs from your home so you can rest comfortably in your bed.
Three Things That May Surprise You About Bed Bugs
There are a lot of myths and mysteries surrounding beg bugs. Here are three facts about bed bugs you may find surprising:
- Bed Bugs Do Not Transmit Disease: Although bites from a bed bug create an itchy red spot, they do not transmit disease.
- Bed Bugs Are Not A Sign Of A Dirty House: Unlike flies, ants, or cockroaches, bed bugs are not in your home because of rotten food or crumbs on the floor; instead, bed bugs inhabit places where warmth and blood from a host are available.
- Bed Bugs Are Travelers: Bed bugs hitchhike on used furniture, shoes, luggage, clothing, and more. Hotels, theatres, and public transportation provide a transportation hub for bed bugs enabling them to transfer from one person to another.
Although once thought to be eradicated in America, bed bugs have reemerged in recent years. Although harmless, they are a nuisance and cause discomfort to homeowners.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips Everyone Ought To Know
The best way for bed bug control is to prevent them from entering your Anaheim home. The following are tips to avoid an invasion of bed bugs:
- Check luggage and clothing after returning from public places.
- Inspect used furniture upon purchase.
- Vacuum out cracks and crevices regularly.
- Sweep floors consistently.
- Seal mattresses in plastic.
- Keep clothing picked up off the floor, and regularly wash and dry.
Consistently implementing these bed bug control techniques for your home will help prevent the infestation of bed bugs in your home.
Top Reasons DIY Bed Bug Control Often Fails
According to a survey of pest control specialists by the National Pest Management Association, 76% of pest control professionals agreed that bed bugs are difficult to exterminate. If the experts have difficulty eliminating these bugs, you know that eradication of them by the homeowner is almost impossible.
Here are some reasons why do-it-yourself elimination of these bugs typically does not work:
- Bed bugs hide in cracks and crevices. Bed bugs can squeeze into an area that is the width of a credit card, and most DYI methods do not penetrate these areas.
- Bed bugs live in a wide variety of locations. They exist not only in your mattress folds but also live behind headboards, baseboards, pictures, and more.
- Bed bugs may withstand non-professional treatments. Steam heat will kill bed bugs, but it has to be over 130℉. Freezing them will kill too, but the temperature must be 0℉. If your DYI products cannot produce these temperatures, they will not work.
- Bed bugs can become resistant to DYI chemicals. As bed bugs go through the five instar stages, each new skin develops a resistance to the chemical treatments previously used.
Do-it-yourself methods can help reduce and control an existing bed bug population, but utilizing a bed bug pest control service is the best way to eradicate them from your house.
Why Homeowners Order Professional Bed Bug Control
If pest control experts agree that eliminating bed bugs is difficult, imagine how hard it is for the homeowner. To get rid of bed bugs in the house, you need A-1 Bonded Termite. We have the tools, training, and resources to remove bed bugs from your home. Call us today, and let us stop your bed bug infestation.