The Best Way To Protect Your Anaheim Home From Termites
January 25, 2022 - Termites
Termites are the greatest foe for any Anaheim homeowner. These pests are super destructive and can cause immense damage to your property. More often than not, by the time you realize they're there, the damage has already been done.
As a result, if you wish to avoid termite damage to your property, you must be proactive. Professional pest control in Anaheim can help you keep these pests out of your property.
About The Termite Caste System
There are three castes in a typical termite colony: reproductives, soldiers, and workers.
- Reproductives: These are the termites that you typically think of when you hear the word "termite." These are the ones with wings that come out into the open to reproduce and start new colonies. They include the king and the queen.
- Soldiers: Their job is to protect the colony from predators and other threats. They have large heads and powerful jaws.
- Workers: They're responsible for gathering food and building the colony's nest. Workers are blind and have no wings. A colony can have millions of termites, with over 90% workers.
If you think you may have active termites, the first step is to contact a professional pest control company. They'll assess your situation and recommend the best course of action.
The Extent Of Damage Termites Can Cause To Your House
While termites might seem small, they can cause a lot of damage to your home. In fact, every year, these tiny pests cause billions of dollars in damage to homes in the United States. The following are some of the ways termites can damage your home:
- Eating away at the wood beams and support structures can cause the foundation to collapse.
- Destroying insulation and other materials in the walls and ceilings.
- Causing water damage by eating away at the wood that supports plumbing pipes.
- Ruining furniture, books, and other items in your home.
If you think you may have active termites, the first step is to contact a termite specialist near you. They'll aid you with termite identification and recommend the best course of action.
Tips To Naturally Make Your Home Less Attractive To Termites
There are a few things you can do to make your home less attractive to termites:
- Remove any dead wood around your property, including stumps, fallen trees, and branches.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your house.
- Repair any leaks in your plumbing as soon as possible.
- Fix any cracks in your foundation and exterior walls.
- Replace any rotten wood on your property, such as in decks, porches, and sheds.
- Ensure your gutters are clear of debris so they can properly drain water away from your house.
If you have a termite problem, get termite and pest control from a local professional company to help resolve the issue. In the meantime, following these tips can help prevent further damage to your home.
The Benefit Of On-Going Professional Termite Control For Your House
Once you've gotten rid of the termites in your house, it's crucial to maintain regular professional termite inspection and treatment to prevent them from coming back. This will offer you peace of mind, save you money, and keep your home in good condition.
At A-1 Bonded Termite, we believe that every Anaheim homeowner deserves to have a termite-free home. We offer comprehensive termite control services designed to keep your property free of these destructive pests.
We also offer a free termite inspection so you can catch any problems early on. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.