How To Treat Large Yards For Fire Ants In Anaheim
August 29, 2022 - Ants
Do you have a large yard in Anaheim? If so, then you need to be aware of the fire ants that call it home. Not only do fire ant bites sting like crazy, but these pests can also cause a lot of damage and are difficult to get rid of. A1 Bonded Termite will teach you everything you need to know about treating your yard for fire ants. We will also provide some tips on Anaheim pest control to keep them from coming back.
Is It Possible To Kill Fire Ants And Not Hurt Earthworms?
Earthworms are good for your yard because they help aerate the soil and make it easier for plants to grow. Fire ants, on the other hand, are nothing but trouble. If you have fire ants in your yard, then you need to get rid of them as soon as possible without harming the earthworms.
The good news is that it is possible to kill fire ants without harming earthworms. A1 Bonded Termite can treat your yard with a special solution that will kill fire ants without harming earthworms or other beneficial insects.
No Ant Mounds, No Problems?
The best way to figure out if you have a fire ant problem is to look for their homes. To spot a fire ant mound in your yard, look for small mounds of dirt that are usually at least a few inches tall. These mounds will often be found near trees, bushes, and other areas where there is shade.
However, just because you don't see a fire ant hill in your yard, that doesn't mean you don't have a fire ant problem. Fire ants often build their nests underground, so you may not see them until it's too late. If you suspect that there are fire ants in your yard, then you can check by doing the following:
- Look for small holes in the ground. This is where fire ants will build their nests.
- Look for winged adults near your home. These are reproductive males and females that are looking for a new place to build a nest.
- Look for small, brown insects crawling around your yard. These could be young fire ants that are looking for food.
If you see any of these signs, then it's time to call A1 Bonded Termite. We will come out to your Anaheim home and inspect your yard for fire ants. If we find them, we will treat your yard with a special solution that will kill the fire ants without harming the environment.
Treating Large Yards For Fire Ants
There are several popular home remedies for fire ants. Unfortunately, none of them are effective at eliminating a fire ant infestation. Some common home remedies for fire ant treatment in Anaheim include:
- Pouring boiling water on the fire ant mound. This will only kill the fire ants that are above ground. The ones that are underground will survive and come back stronger than ever.
- Spraying the fire ants with dish soap. This will only make them angry and more likely to bite you or your pets.
- Using store-bought insecticide. This may kill the fire ants, but it will also kill any beneficial insects in your yard, like bees and earthworms.
Trying to deal with fire ants by yourself is a losing battle. The best way to get rid of fire ants is to call a professional experienced in dealing with them, such as A1 Bonded Termite.
Professional Ant Control For Your Anaheim Property
The only way to effectively get rid of fire ants in Anaheim is to call a professional. A1 Bonded Termite has more than 45 years of experience dealing with fire ants and other pests in the area. We will inspect your property for fire ants and develop a custom treatment plan to get rid of them. Once the fire ants are gone, we will provide tips on how to keep them from coming back. Call us today!