How To Keep The Spiders In Anaheim At Bay
August 22, 2022 - Spiders
If you're like most people, you probably don't enjoy spiders. In fact, most people would say that they are afraid of them. Not only are they creepy, but they can also be dangerous. Some spider species, such as black widow spiders, are known to be poisonous. If you live in Anaheim and you have a problem with spiders, don't worry; A1 Bonded Termite is here to help. We will discuss how to block spiders from entering your home, and how to keep them away for good with pest control in Anaheim.
How Do Spiders Get Into Your Home? Eight Typical Entry Points
There are many ways that spiders can get into your home.
Some of the most common entry points include:
- Windows: Spiders can enter your home through open windows. If you have a screen on your window, make sure it is in good condition and that there are no holes or tears.
- Doors: Spiders can also enter your home through open doors. Install door sweeps where necessary.
- Vents: Spiders can also enter your home through vents. Make sure to check your vents and make sure they are properly sealed.
- Cracks and crevices: Spiders can also enter your home through cracks and crevices. Make sure to check your walls, floors, and ceilings for any cracks or crevices and seal up any openings.
- Holes: Spiders can also enter your home through holes. Make sure any holes that allow access to your home are sealed up.
- Carpets: Spiders can also enter your home through carpets. Make sure to check your carpets for any holes or tears.
- Furniture: Spiders can also enter your home through furniture. Ensure that furniture being brought into your home is free of spiders.
- Clothes: Spiders can also enter your home through clothes. Check clothing before entering your home to make sure no spiders are hitchhiking.
As you can see, there are many ways that spiders can enter your home. If you want to keep all spiders out, it is important to check for any potential entry points.
Eliminating The Spiders Inside Your Home
Once you have identified how the spiders are getting into your home, you need to take action to eliminate the ones already inside.
Here are a few ways to get rid of spiders in your house:
- Traps: There are a number of traps that can be used to kill spiders. Be sure to follow the directions on the label and use caution when using traps.
- Removing them: If you prefer not to kill spiders, you can remove them from your home using a glass or other container and a sturdy piece of paper or cardboard.
- Using a vacuum: A vacuum can be used to remove spiders from your home. make sure to empty the vacuum bag after each use.
- Calling a professional: If you're not comfortable dealing with them, the best way to kill spiders in your home is to call a professional pest control company like A1 Bonded Termite.
If you're still noticing more and more spiders around your home, it may be time to enlist a professional's help to get rid of the spiders for you.
Blocking Spider Entry Points In Homes
A little prevention goes a long way when comes to home defense for spiders.
Here are some blocking methods to implement:
- Sealing cracks and crevices: Use caulk or expanding foam to seal cracks and crevices.
- Sealing doors and windows: Use weatherstripping or door sweeps to seal doors and windows.
- Sealing vents: Use mesh or screen to seal vents.
- Sealing holes: Use patching compound or steel wool to seal holes.
Take the initiative to keep your home free of spiders and keep yourself and your family safe from these pests.
Professional Spider Control In Anaheim
If you have a spider problem in your Anaheim home that you can't seem to solve, it may be time to call in a professional. A1 Bonded Termite is here to help. We offer a variety of pest control services, including spider control. Our knowledgeable and friendly team will work with you to create a customized home pest control or commercial pest control plan that will solve your spider or other pest problem for good. Contact us today!