How To Get Rid Of Crickets In Your Anaheim Home
April 18, 2022 - Crickets
While some individuals may find the chirping of crickets to be soothing, these insects can become quite a nuisance when they build their nests on your Anaheim property. They are noisy and can make it challenging to get a good night's rest. In addition, crickets can also harm your overall health and productivity.
Contact a pest exterminator if you're struggling with crickets on your property. Reputable Anaheim pest control companies can quickly and effectively eliminate these pests from your home. We'll have you sound asleep in no time.
Characteristics Of Common Crickets
There are over 900 types of crickets - with most of them living in tropical areas. Some 100 of these species can be located in the United States - with many of them residing in California.
Crickets are small insects, usually measuring between 1/4 to 3/4 inches long. They have a three-segmented body, long antennae, and powerful hind legs for jumping long distances. They also have two sets of wings.
Crickets are omnivorous insects and will eat just about anything - including other insects, plants, and even dead animals.
Some of the commonly found crickets in Anaheim include:
- House cricket: This is one of the most common types of cricket found in Anaheim. As their name suggests, they often live in houses. They're about ½ an inch to ¾ of an inch long and are light yellow to brown.
- Field cricket: These crickets are a little larger than house crickets - measuring about ¾ of an inch to one inch in length. They're black or dark brown in color and mostly live outdoors.
- Camel cricket: These are the largest type of cricket found in Anaheim. They measure about one to one and a half inches in length. They're usually brown or light brown and have humped backs - hence their name.
Crickets are primarily active at night, and this is when they're most likely to invade your home in search of food.
The Problems Crickets Can Create In Your House
Crickets are mostly harmless and don't pose any serious threat to humans. However, these pests can still create some problems in your home - especially if they're present in large numbers.
- As mentioned earlier, crickets are noisy, and their constant chirping can make it challenging to get a good night's rest.
- Crickets can also damage your clothes and other fabrics in your Anaheim home. These pests chew on clothing, carpets, curtains, and even wallpaper.
- Additionally, crickets move across dirty floors and surfaces and can contaminate food with bacteria and other pathogens.
- Finally, crickets can be a nuisance simply because they're present in your Anaheim home. These pests can cause you to feel uncomfortable and can make it difficult to enjoy your home.
If you find crickets or cricket droppings in your home, immediately speak to a reputable pest exterminator. They'll promptly eliminate these pests from your home and help you regain your peace of mind.
Contact The Pros To Get Rid Of Crickets Fast!
While it's easy to overlook the occasional cricket, a cricket infestation can quickly become a nightmare. Contact the pros right away if you're struggling with these pests in your Anaheim home.
At A1 Bonded Termite, we have over 45 years of experience dealing with pests, including crickets. We understand the importance of a pest-free home and will go above and beyond to eliminate these pests from your property. We'll also take measures to prevent these pests from returning. Contact us today to learn more about our pest control services.
How To Prevent Future Cricket Problems In Your Home
Although various products such as cricket traps, sticky traps, and even pesticides can help get rid of crickets in your home, these solutions are only temporary. The best way to keep these pests away is to take preventive measures.
Here are some tips that'll help you prevent cricket problems:
- Seal all cracks and crevices in your home.
- Eliminate potential food sources.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- Ensure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Fix leaks and other sources of moisture.
These tips will hopefully help you keep crickets away, but they're not 100% foolproof. The best way to keep your home cricket-free is to contact a reputable pest exterminator.
That's where A1 Bonded Termite comes in. We'll work with you to develop a customized cricket control plan that fits your needs. This plan will eliminate existing cricket nests and prevent future infestations.
Pick up the phone and give us a call today to learn more about our cricket and general pest control services.
We look forward to hearing from you.