How To Eradicate Oriental Cockroaches In Your Anaheim Home
June 01, 2022 - Cockroaches
No one wants to come across cockroaches in their residence. Unfortunately, they're a common problem for Anaheim residents. There are several different local cockroaches, and the oriental cockroach may be one you have not heard about before.
These pests can cause a lot of damage and pose a health risk, so it's crucial to know how to prevent them from coming into your property. If you're dealing with an infestation, don't hesitate to reach out to a local Anaheim pest control firm like A1 Bonded Termite for assistance.
These experts will eradicate any cockroaches on your property and help you take steps to prevent them from coming back.
How To Identify An Oriental Cockroaches
Along with the German cockroach, American cockroach, and smoky brown cockroach, the oriental cockroach is one of the most common local species. You can identify it by:
- Color: The easiest way to identify these pests is by their color. Oriental cockroaches are dark brown or black and have a glossy appearance.
- Size: These insects are also quite large, measuring about one and a half inches long. If you spot a bug that looks like a large black beetle on your property, there's a good chance it's an oriental cockroach.
- Habitat: Another way to identify these pests is by their habitat. Oriental cockroaches often live near water sources and are common in damp areas like basements or crawl spaces.
These insects are also attracted to decaying organic matter, so you may find them near garbage cans or other areas where there's debris.
The minute you come across a bug with these characteristics or signs of a cockroach infestation, act fast. These pests can quickly multiply and cause a lot of damage to your home.
Reach out to cockroach pest control in Anaheim for assistance. We can identify the type of cockroach and provide you with effective treatment options.
The Dangers Oriental Cockroaches Can Bring Into Your Home
Cockroaches are one of the most dangerous pests that can invade homes. Here are some of the dangers they can pose:
- Disease. Cockroaches are disease vectors. These insects often travel through sewer systems and garbage, picking up bacteria as they go. They then bring these diseases into your home.
- Allergies. Cockroaches produce proteins that can trigger asthma attacks and other respiratory problems. If you have allergies, it's vital to prevent cockroaches from entering your residence.
- Infestation. In addition to causing disease, cockroaches are one of the most challenging pests to eradicate. Once they make their way into your home, they are extremely challenging to get out.
If you come across signs of a cockroach infestation, such as a cockroach exoskeleton or cockroach eggs in your home, move fast to prevent further spread. These critters reproduce quickly and are hard to eliminate on your own.
Contact The Pros For Total Oriental Cockroach Eradication
While there are many do-it-yourself methods for cockroach prevention and control, the best way to get rid of cockroaches is to contact an expert pest control firm specializing in cockroach eradication.
Experts have the tools and experience necessary to quickly and effectively eradicate any cockroaches. At A1 Bonded Termite, we will conduct a thorough inspection of your home, identify the type of cockroach, and develop an effective treatment plan. This plan may include baiting, trapping, or chemicals, depending on the severity of the infestation.
Don't wait to contact pest control if you think you have an infestation. The sooner you act, the easier it'll be to get rid of these pests.
Helpful Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations
Once you've rid your home of these pests, it's crucial to take steps to prevent them from coming back. If you're wondering how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and keep them from returning, consider the following tips:
- Keep your property clean and free of debris. Cockroaches are attracted to garbage and other decaying organic matter.
- Store food in airtight containers and keep your home clean.
- Fix any leaks in your property to eliminate sources of water that attract cockroaches and other pests.
- Seal cracks and crevices both inside and out of your home.
- Monitor your property for signs of cockroach activity and contact pest control as soon as you see any.
In the end, the recommended way of dealing with cockroaches in your home is to reach out to professional pest control for assistance. At A1 Bonded Termite, we have the experience and tools necessary to quickly and effectively eradicate any roaches on your property.
Contact us today for a free consultation.