How Are Rodents Getting Around Your Anaheim Home?
August 15, 2022 - Rodents
Are furry pests causing a nuisance in your home? Rodents are a common pest in Anaheim and throughout Southern California. They can be very difficult to get rid of, and can cause a lot of damage to your home in the process. A1 Bonded Termite will go over how rodents get into your home, and some ways to keep them from entering. We will also discuss some non-toxic methods of Anaheim pest control for getting rid of rodents, as well as ways to prevent them from coming back in the future.
Do Rodents Travel In Air Vents?
One way that rodents can get into your home is through the air vents. Rodents are known to travel through air vents in order to get into homes. They can also use them to travel between floors of a home. If you have an infestation of rodents, you may be able to hear them running through the vents. To prevent rodents from getting into your home through the air vents, you can seal them off with steel wool or wire mesh. You should also make sure that there are no gaps or holes around the perimeter of your home where rodents could enter.
How To Block Mice And Rats From Living In The Walls
Another way that rodents can get into your home is by living in the walls. They can squeeze through very small spaces and make their nests in the insulation of your walls. Rodents in your walls can cause major issues because they can lead to damage to your home, as well as a fire hazard.
If you have a rodent problem, you may be able to hear them scratching around in the walls. Here are some ways to block them from entering your home and living in your walls:
- Seal all cracks and holes in the exterior of your home with caulk or steel wool.
- Install door sweeps on all exterior doors.
- Repair any damage to screens on your windows and doors.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your home.
- You can also try planting some plants that repel rodents, such as mint, lavender, or garlic outside your home.
- Call a professional Anaheim exterminator like A-1 Bonded Termite if you have a severe infestation.
If you think you may have rodents in your home, it's important to take action to get rid of them. Rodents can cause a lot of damage to your home, and they can also spread disease.
What Are Non-Toxic Ways To Get Rid Of Rodents?
If you have a rodent problem, there are some non-toxic ways to get rid of them. Here are three of the best methods:
- Use a live trap to catch the rodents and release them far away from your home. This is the most humane option.
- Use a scent-based repellent to keep rodents away. These repellents use natural oils that rodents find offensive.
- Use ultrasonic devices to deter rodents. These devices emit a high-pitched noise that all kinds of rodents cannot stand.
Trying out these non-toxic methods can help you get a leg up on rodent invaders. If you have a severe infestation, though, you may need to call a professional Anaheim exterminator to get rid of rodents in your Anaheim home.
Rodent Control The Easy Way In Anaheim
By following the above tips, you should be able to keep all types of rodents away from your home for good. However, If you are still experiencing a rodent problem, contact A1 Bonded Termite today. We're a family-owned, family-operated business that has been serving the Anaheim community for more than 45 years. We are experts in all things pests, and we can help you get rid of your rodent problem for good. Give us a call today to schedule a free inspection!