Fire Ant Control In Anaheim Made Simple
January 09, 2023 - Ants
Fire ants, also known as red imported fire ants or R.I.F.A.s, are named so because of their painful stings and bites. These are very invasive and are found throughout the U.S., particularly in the southern parts. Fire ants are among the pests that can invade your Anaheim, CA, home and cause serious damage. When you notice any sign of fire ants, seek help from a reputable Anaheim pest control company.
For your safety and that of your loved ones, you should take steps to prevent these insects from infesting your home. Read on for more red imported fire ant info and how A-1 Bonded Termite can help you get rid of them.
How To Tell If The Ants In Your Home Are Fire Ants
There are many different species of ants, but red ants are the most feared in the U.S. The first sign of their existence on your property is the presence of fire ant hills in your yard. The worker and queen fire ants have reddish-brown thoraxes and heads with black rear segments. There may be slight color variations, but it is easy to differentiate R.I.F.A.s from other ants.
Male fire ants are black. Their workers vary in size (they are polymorphic), with sizes ranging from a sixteenth of an inch to a quarter of an inch in length. The best way to identify fire ants is by their two-segmented pedicels—those two bumps on their "waists" (the part between the abdomen and thorax). Fire ants don't have spines in their thoraxes. Instead, they have two-segmented clubs at their ends and ten different antennal segments.
Why You Don't Want Fire Ants Around Your Home
If you compare fire ants vs. red ants, the former is more dangerous. Not only are their bites painful, but they are also more destructive. Here are some reasons why you should not welcome these insects into your home:
- They destroy vegetation: Fire ants destroy over $6 billion worth of vegetation every year in the U.S. They destroy crops and ruin wild animals' natural habitats.
- Fire ant bites (stings): Having red fire ants on your property is a great risk to you, your kids, and your pets. Their bites are very painful and can cause allergies, blisters, itching, and swelling.
- Electrical malfunctions: Fire ants can consume anything. They are notorious for causing electrical malfunctions in traffic signals, automatic readers, and other electrical appliances.
If you spot a fire ant hill in your yard, call A-1 Bonded Termite to terminate it immediately. This is the best way to avoid fire ant bite allergic reactions and any damage these insects can cause in your home.
How To Keep Fire Ants From Returning To Your Property
Once fire ants are eliminated from your Anaheim, CA, home, the following steps can be taken to ensure they don't come back:
- Keep your floor clean by removing crumbs and wiping and vacuuming spills.
- Clean up after your pets, ensuring no pet food is left around.
- Tightly seal compost bins in your garden.
- Seal all food and cooking materials.
On top of the above steps, you should also contact Anaheim, CA, fire ant control experts to protect your home against future attacks.
How To Completely Get Rid Of Fire Ants In Your Home
Because fire ants come in colonies, it is an uphill task to try to eradicate them on your own. The surest way to eliminate fire ants from your home is to call A-1 Bonded Termite. Call us today for fire ant control for your Anaheim home. We will eliminate ants from your home and prevent future infestations.