Don't Accidentally Attract Cockroaches To Your Anaheim Home
January 07, 2023 - Cockroaches
Cockroaches aren't just unsanitary—they are also unsettling. These pesky pests can be an embarrassment in your Anaheim, CA home. These pests live near or in the garbage, drains, and sewers, making them deliver various germs and pathogens that can cause diseases. That's why your pest control in Anaheim should involve eliminating these insects.
Roaches multiply very fast and can make life in your home unbearable. Their presence in your home can attract other insects and animals to your home. This guide talks about the types of cockroaches in Anaheim, CA, and how to get rid of cockroaches forever.
What Types of Cockroaches Invade Anaheim Properties?
Cockroaches are a global menace. They are among the household pests that have close ties with humans. Their colors and sizes vary, but in Anaheim, there are four main types of cockroaches, namely:
- American cockroaches are reddish brown with long bodies—about two inches long. They are resilient and can go for two weeks without water or food.
- German cockroaches are the most common roaches in Anaheim. They are brown with dark stripes on their backs. They are primarily attracted to moisture and food.
- Oriental Cockroaches can be black or dark brown. They are mainly found in crawl spaces and the basement. Pesticides do not easily kill them.
- Brown-Banded Cockroaches are brown. Their wings have distinctive bands. They like moist places like bathrooms and kitchens.
Cockroaches have oval-shaped flattened bodies. All have six legs and long antennae. Some of them have wings and can even fly.
Why Are Cockroaches Dangerous?
Though cockroaches don't bite, they are good at spreading diseases by contaminating food. They are fond of leaving excrement and bacteria on utensils, dishes, and other surfaces. Their presence is also known to add allergens to the air that are likely to cause rashes, breathing problems, and other respiratory symptoms.
In fact, over 30 bacteria species have been found on cockroaches. They cause diseases like salmonella, poliomyelitis, plague, typhoid fever, leprosy, cholera, dysentery, and gastroenteritis (including vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea). Cockroaches can also worsen allergies and asthma through their feces, saliva, and the body parts they shed. In fact, research has shown that 26% of U.S. residents suffer from German cockroach allergies.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Cockroaches
Apart from professional cockroach control, you can take steps to reduce the population of roaches in your Anaheim home by limiting their shelter, food, and water access. Some of these steps include:
- Clearing out clutter from drawers, shelves, and storage closets
- Clean under and around your furniture, including the pieces you rarely move.
- Mopping and vacuuming your floors regularly
- Wiping food and drink spills immediately
- Cleaning up food crumbs from floors, stovetops, counters, and tables.
- Cleaning pet bowls after feeding
- Cleaning utensils after use
- Storing foods in sealed containers
- Cover your trash containers tightly.
- Fixing leaky pipes immediately.
- Sealing all entry points like crevices and cracks on walls.
The above-house cockroach prevention methods may not eliminate all cockroaches in your home. What you need is a roach control service by A-1 Bonded Termite.
The Most Effective Cockroach Control For Anaheim Homeowners
Cockroaches are among the most challenging pests to control, which explains why most home remedies for cockroaches fail. Contact a reputable pest control company if you notice any signs of a cockroach infestation. If you are in Anaheim or the surrounding areas, you should contact A-1 Bonded Termite. We will send a qualified technician to inspect your home and prescribe the best home pest control for roaches and other insects that might be in your home. Call us today for a free home inspection.