Do I Need Fumigation Services For My Anaheim Home?
September 27, 2022 - Fumigation
Whether you’re managing your Anaheim home or a business, regular pest control is a necessity – but sometimes infestations become severe enough to warrant treatment beyond baits, gels, or liquid treatment. That’s where fumigation services from A-1 Bonded Termite can help, but when is fumigation necessary?
Here’s what Anaheim residents should know about what kind of pests fumigation services can treat, how to tell when fumigation is necessary, what you can do to prepare your home for fumigation, and how pest control in Anaheim can help with your fumigation needs.
What Kind Of Pests Do Fumigation Services Treat?
Not all pests may require fumigation treatment, and at A-1 Bonded Termite, we’re selective about which problems we’ll treat with fumigation. We only use this method when it is necessary to eliminate the pest threatening your home or business because other forms of pest control will not suffice. Some of the most common types of pests that we may fumigate for include:
- Bed bugs
- Wood-boring beetles
- Powder-post beetles and other wood-destroying pests
Even in these cases, fumigation is usually only needed if the infestation is severe or extreme. When performing fumigation, we’ll seal off the area that requires treatment, and it will take three days for preparation, sealing, and fumigation release.
How Can I Tell If Fumigation Is Necessary?
A pest control professional will be able to make the final call on whether you need fumigation. However, there are a few signs that can indicate an extreme infestation that requires fumigation, including:
- Seeing termites: Very few pests are extreme enough to warrant fumigation, but pests like termites will burrow deeply into your home. Having termites doesn’t automatically mean the infestation is severe enough to warrant fumigation but seeing termites out in the open is a good indicator that the infestation is advanced.
- Visible damage from wood-destroying pests: Since it can take years before the damage from termites or other wood-destroying pests become obvious, seeing the damage yourself is an unfortunate sign that the infestation is extreme.
- Finding droppings: If you see pest droppings, you may be dealing with cockroaches, bed bugs, or even rodents. These dangerous pests warrant speaking with a professional about your options.
If you see the signs above, contact the pros at A-1 Bonded Termite so we can help you determine just how extensive the infestation in your home or business has become.
Steps To Take When Preparing For Fumigation
We’ll walk you through everything you need to know for fumigation, but as a general rule, here are some of the steps you can expect to take for fumigation of your home or business:
- Make sure you’ve made accommodations for yourself, your family, and your pets overnight. Nobody, including your pets, can be inside your home while the fumigation takes place. If you have house plants in your home, those will also need to be removed or placed somewhere else on your property.
- Take perishables, including opened food and medications, out of your home. Items sealed in their original containers should be safe to keep in your home, but you should double-bag items in your fridge or freezer.
- Keep the doors inside your home open, including the bedroom, bathroom, closet, and cabinets. If possible, raise your blinds so the fumigator can open your windows too.
- Make sure there’s clear access to every part of your home, including storage areas and closets. For the fumigation to be completely effective, your fumigator must access every part of your home.
- Turn off any heat sources that you have and unplug your appliances.
- Make sure you don’t forget to leave a copy of your keys for the fumigator so that they can safely access your home while you’re away.
If you have any questions about preparing your home or business for fumigation, just reach out to the experts at A-1 Bonded Termite.
Fumigation Services For Anaheim Homes & Businesses
The only person who will be able to determine if your home requires fumigation are the professionals at A-1 Bonded Termite. Whether your property needs fumigation or just professional pest control treatment, one thing is clear – your pests will not disappear without professional intervention, and the infestation will only worsen.
If you see signs of pests, especially the ones above, you shouldn’t wait. Contact us today at A-1 Bonded Termite to learn more about how our fumigation services in Anaheim work or schedule an inspection of your property with our pros.