Ant Control 101: Tackling An Ant Infestation In Anaheim
May 27, 2023 - Ants
Ants in your home can be a frustrating problem to have. These tiny creatures are known to live in large groups that can contain several thousand ants in one nest. Once you have a severe ant infestation inside your Southern California home, the only way to eliminate it is to hire an experienced Anaheim pest control company.
At A-1 Bonded Termite, ant control is one of our many specialties. If you have questions about handling ant infestations, don't worry, we have all the answers.
Types Of Ants That Routinely Invade Anaheim Homes
There are several types of ants commonly found in Anaheim. Most of them are active throughout the year. Here is a look at some of the various types of ants that you are most likely to see in this area:
- Acrobat ants: These tiny ants are about 1/8 of an inch long and have brown or black bodies. They have a heart-shaped abdomen that they lift over their head and thorax whenever they feel threatened.
- Fire ants: These ants are most known for their aggressive nature and the large ant mounds they build. Fire ants are typically around 3/8 of an inch long and have red or reddish-brown bodies.
- Odorous house ants: These ants are usually between 1/16 of an inch and 1/8 of an inch long and have black or dark-brown bodies. They get their name from the foul-smelling odor they emit whenever their bodies are crushed.
- Ghost ants: This type of ant has a unique appearance. Ghost ants are small and only measure about 1/16 of an inch long. They have pale yellow abdomen and legs and dark-brown heads and thorax. When outdoors, they will nest in the ground. However, if they come into your home, they can be found behind baseboards, walls, and other tight spaces.
- Carpenter ants: True to their name, carpenter ants are often found around wooden objects. They don't eat the wood but excavate it to build their nests.
There are several more ants in this area, but the ones listed above are the most common in Anaheim. However, no matter what type of ant you see in your home if you don't take immediate action to control the problem, the ant population on your property could quickly increase to uncontrollable levels.
An Ant Infestation Can Be Very Problematic For Homeowners
Ants are more than just annoying pests. They can also be destructive and dangerous to have around your home.
Carpenter ants can damage your home by digging holes in your wooden surfaces to build their nests. If their nest becomes too large, it could affect the structural integrity of whatever structure they have invaded.
Ants can also spread a wide range of diseases and viruses if they crawl near your food or food preparation surfaces. Some of the most common illnesses that ants are known to pass on to humans include salmonellosis, staph infections, streptococcus, and clostridium.
Six Easy Yet Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Around House
Some of the easiest ways to prevent ants from coming into your home include:
- Keep your grass cut short.
- Empty trash often.
- Keep a lid on trash cans.
- Keep food in airtight containers.
- Fix moisture issues around your home.
- Don't leave your pet's food and water dishes out.
Sometimes, ants will come into your home when you least expect it. The best way to get them to leave quickly is to get the help of a professional pest control specialist.
The Best Option For Ant Control In Anaheim
If you are looking for a permanent solution to your frustrating ant problem, call A-1 Bonded Termite. We can eliminate any ants from your Anaheim home and come up with a prevention plan that will keep them away for good.