Anaheim Homeowners’ Useful Guide To Effective Pest Prevention
March 23, 2022 - Pest Control
Compared to the rest of California, Anaheim sees a cooler climate, with its winter months seeing a high of 70-degrees Fahrenheit. The pleasant weather of this Southern California city is one of its most influential appeals for homeowners and the many area pests that commonly infest Anaheim homes.
With the variety of year-round pests that can pose issues to homes and properties, the easiest, safest, and most-effective way to keep your family safe and your home protected from area pests is with pest control in Anaheim.
Read on to learn about the types of pests that commonly invade Anaheim homes and the many problems a pest infestation can cause for you. We also offer six simple but practical tips on preventing pests and a guaranteed, stress-free solution to a pest-free home.
Types Of Pests That Commonly Invade Anaheim Homes
Many types of pests commonly invade Anaheim homes. This list of pests includes:
- Bed Bugs
- Stink Bugs
Because of the assortment of pests that invade Anaheim homes, pest control is truly the only way to protect your home year-round, without worry.
The Many Problems A Pest Infestation Can Create In Your Home
There’s a reason why dependable pest control is so important for homeowners to have, and that’s because of the amount and extent of problems that you can encounter from a pest infestation. Here are three of the most significant concerns you may face:
- Some pests can seriously damage the structure of a home and its belongings. Termites and carpenter ants can cause structural damage to homes and possessions. Termites feed on wood, and left alone, they can eat wooden structures, such as sheds and garages, and homes, from the inside out. Carpenter ants dig tunnels through wood, causing it to weaken and buckle. Repairs are typically not covered by homeowner's insurance policies for structural damage due to pests, and they are costly.
- The presence of some pests is a health and safety risk. Cockroaches and rats are two pests known to transfer bacteria, but there are many others, such as mosquitoes and ants, that can do the same, just on a lesser scale. Disease-causing bacteria can make people and pets sick, proving life-threatening in some cases.
- Pests often attract other pests. An infestation of ants, flies, or moths in your home, especially if left untreated, can attract larger pests, like spiders and centipedes.
You never want to leave a pest infestation untreated. Having a reliable, quality pest control company handy that you can call with your pest-related questions can help you determine the next best step for you and your pest situation.
Six Simple Yet Effective Pest Prevention Tips For Around The House
Pest control services are most effective when used in tandem with prevention. Here are six practical but effective tips on how to prevent pests around your Anaheim home:
- Remain watchful of your home’s foundation and areas in need of repair. Cracks in the foundation are one of the most common ways pests find their way indoors.
- Regularly tend to your yard space. Overgrown grass, fallen debris, and untamed greenery offer pests more opportunities to hide.
- Keep a clutter-free home. Clutter is one of the primary attractors of pests, as it again offers pests the opportunity to remain hidden away.
- Don’t leave out food, especially overnight. Certain pests can smell certain foods, and it’ll draw them to your home if food isn’t properly stored.
- Properly store trash. Just as food will attract pests, so will exposed trash. If you don’t want pests like cockroaches, rats, and larger animals, like raccoons, it’s crucial to store trash in an airtight, lidded container. Regularly dispose of the trash often to avoid odor, further attracting pests.
- Add window and door screens if you haven’t already. If already in place, regularly check for rips or damage and immediately replace if necessary.
Many pest prevention methods involve remaining vigilant about the condition of one’s home and property. While a few overgrown weeds, here and there, isn’t a big deal in itself, if overlooked, it will prove a tall task.
The Stress-Free Way To A Pest-Free Home
With year-round, regularly scheduled help from your local pest control advisor, you won’t have to worry about dealing with pests in your Anaheim home because our professionals will handle them.
A-1 Bonded Termite is a locally owned and operated pest control business serving Anaheim homes and businesses for over 45 years—and continues to provide high-quality pest control solutions.
If you’re experiencing pests in your Anaheim home or on your property, contact the professionals at A-1 Bonded Termite today.