Why You Should Call The Pros About Mice In Your Anaheim Home
January 05, 2022 - Mice
You may find the store mice attractive, but wild Anaheim mice are a different thing altogether. These pests are not only dangerous to your health but can also cause a lot of damage to your home. Mice carry diseases, and they can easily infest homes undetected.
If that's not enough, they also gnaw on electrical wires and wooden structures, leading to severe problems. Trying to get rid of mice on your own can be challenging and dangerous, so it's best to call professional pest control in Anaheim.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common House Mice
The habits and behaviors of common house mice can vary depending on the species, but there are some general things you should know:
- Nocturnal creatures: Mice are nocturnal creatures, meaning they are primarily active at night.
- Sensitive to sound: They are very sensitive to sound and can hear even the slightest noise.
- Quick learners: They are fast learners and can remember food locations or how to get into your home.
- Curious: They are very curious and will explore their surroundings.
- Sociable: They like to be around other mice and seldom nest alone.
- Chewing: Mice chew on things as a way of exploring their environment and sharpening their teeth.
If you spot any signs such as mice poop, urine, nests, or gnaw marks, you probably have an infestation. Contact a professional pest control company to keep mice away from your house.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
Despite what you may have heard, you don't have to actually touch a mouse for it to make you sick. Mice can spread diseases through their droppings, urine, and saliva.
Some of the most common diseases that mice carry are:
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS)
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM)
- Lyme disease
All of these diseases are serious, so it's essential to take precautions to avoid coming into contact with them. If you have mice in your home, call a professional pest control company to protect you and your family from the diseases mice carry.
Why DIY Mouse Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
Mice are a common pest, and many people try to get rid of them on their own. While this may work in some cases, it's usually not the best way to catch mice.
This is due to the following factors:
- Mice are quick. Mice are speedy and can run up to 12 miles per hour.
- They reproduce quickly. A female mouse can have up to 12 babies in a litter, and she can become pregnant again within days of giving birth.
- They are intelligent. Mice are brilliant and can learn how to avoid traps.
- They're good at hiding. Mice are very good at hiding, so it's hard to find them.
- Multiple solutions: There's no one-size-fits-all solution to getting rid of mice. You may need to use a combination of traps, poison, and exclusion to get rid of them.
For these reasons, it's best to call a professional pest control company. They are the fastest way to get rid of mice and save you time and money in the long run.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Mice In Your Anaheim House
If you see any signs of mice in your Anaheim home, don't wait to call a professional pest exterminator. The longer you wait, the more damage they'll do and the greater the risk to your family's health. Contact A-1 Bonded Termite today to get started on your free pest evaluation. We'll work with you to develop a plan to get rid of mice and keep them out of your home for good.