What You Should Know About Dealing With Roach Infestations In Anaheim
August 31, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you're a resident of Anaheim, then you're probably familiar with the cockroaches that cause local infestations. These disease-spreading insects can be difficult to get rid of, but with the right information, you can be on your way to a roach-free home. A1 Bonded Termite will go over basic cockroach facts, as well as how to spot them and keep them away for good with cockroach pest control in Anaheim.
Home Remedies For Roach Infestations
Although it's best to contact a professional pest control company when dealing with cockroaches, there are a few popular home remedies:
- Bay leaves: Place bay leaves around your home, particularly in areas where cockroaches are commonly seen.
- Citrus peel: Cockroaches detest the smell of citrus, so placing lemon or orange peels around your home can help keep them away.
- Coffee grounds: Similar to citrus peel, cockroaches hate the smell of coffee grounds. Place used coffee grounds around your home, or even better, in areas where cockroaches are commonly seen.
- Peppermint oil: Mix peppermint oil with water and spray it around your home, particularly in cracks and crevices where cockroaches like to hide.
As with store-bought cockroach control products, home remedies can only go so far when dealing with cockroaches on your own. If you're seeing them regularly, it's best to call a professional pest control company like A1 Bonded Termite. We'll be able to identify the source of the infestation and get rid of it for good.
How Long Will It Take To Get Rid Of Roaches In My Home?
The amount of time it will take to get rid of cockroaches in your home depends on the severity of the infestation. If you have a small number of cockroaches, it may only take a few days to get rid of them. However, if you have a large infestation, it may take weeks or even months to completely get rid of them.
Once you've gotten rid of your cockroach infestation, you'll want to take steps to prevent them from coming back.
Some tips on how to deter cockroaches include:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- Seal up cracks and crevices.
- Keep food stored properly.
- Eliminate moisture around your home
If you're serious about preventing cockroaches in your home, ask A1 Bonded Termite about regular inspections. We can help you identify potential problem areas in your home and take steps to prevent cockroaches from coming back.
Finding the Roach Hiding Spots In Your Home
Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures and prefer to hide during the day. They're also attracted to dark and moist places, so they'll often hide in cracks and crevices around your home.
To find where cockroaches are hiding in your home, you can start by looking for signs of a cockroach infestation:
- Use a flashlight: Cockroaches are attracted to light, so using a flashlight can help you spot them.
- Look for droppings: Cockroaches leave behind small, dark droppings wherever they go. If you see small, dark droppings around your home, it's likely that cockroaches are present.
- Check for egg casings: Cockroaches lay their eggs in small, dark casings. If you see egg casings around your home, it's a good indication that cockroaches are present.
- Listen for rustling: Cockroaches are relatively quiet creatures, but you may be able to hear them rustling if they're close by.
Once you've found where cockroaches are hiding in your home, you can begin taking steps to get rid of them.
Keeping Roaches In Anaheim Away From Your Home Forever!
The best way to keep cockroaches away from your home is to contact a professional pest control company like A1 Bonded Termite. We know a thing or two about cockroach pest control; we have served Anaheim and the surrounding areas with pest control solutions for more than 45 years. We'll be able to identify the source of the problem and take steps to prevent cockroaches from coming back. We also offer regular inspections to help you keep your Anaheim home cockroach-free. Contact us today to learn more and to get started on our effective home pest control and commercial pest control services.