What To Do If You Spot Spiders Around Your Anaheim Home
March 14, 2023 - Spiders
If you have noticed many spiders around your home or some that you suspect are dangerous, it is time to seek out an Anaheim pest control company that has experience with all types of spiders. Professional identification is key to avoiding bites and making sure you are dealing with harmless spiders.
We’ll review descriptions of the common spiders found in Anaheim homes to help you decide if it’s time to reach out for help. We’ll also help you spot the more dangerous spiders in our area. No matter which types you are dealing with, an abundance of them is never a good sign. Read on to learn some simple tips to prevent spiders from entering your home and how to get rid of them for good.
The Types Of Spiders You May Find In Anaheim
Below is a list of the types of spiders you will most likely find in Anaheim and some descriptions to help with identification:
- Black widow spiders are easily recognizable by their shiny black bodies and red hourglass marking on the underside of their abdomens.
- Brown recluse spiders are light brown to dark brown, with a dark brown violin marking on their backs.
- Cellar spiders are common house spiders with yellowish bodies, often called daddy long legs.
- Jumping spiders may be black, brown, gray, or tan and have compact bodies with short legs.
- Wolf spiders are gray and brown with stout, hairy bodies.
Most spiders found in homes aren’t a problem. However, they must be correctly identified by a professional to be sure you aren’t dealing with one of the more dangerous spiders in our area.
Is It Dangerous To Have Spiders In My House?
In general, common house spiders are harmless and beneficial to have around because they keep insect populations down. Not all spiders are safe to be around, however. We have two of the most dangerous spiders in California in our area, the black widow and the brown recluse. While a bite from either is not usually fatal, it can cause health problems, and we recommend you seek prompt medical attention.
Both black widow and brown recluse spiders will bite if they feel trapped or threatened. A black widow injects potent venom that will cause pain, fever, increased blood pressure, sweating, and nausea. Brown recluse spiders inject venom that causes necrosis or dead tissue and results in an ulcerating sore. Healing is prolonged and often leaves dense scar tissue behind.ellar spiders are harmless spiders; they do not bite people. The last two types of spiders in our area, jumping and wolf spiders, will only bite in self-defense if they feel threatened and their venom is not medically dangerous. It is essential to keep an eye on any spider bite; some people are more allergic to their venom and may need medical attention.
Six Simple Tips To Prevent Spiders In Your Home
Here are six simple tips that can help prevent spiders from coming into homes in our area:
- Sealing cracks in siding or openings in screens can help prevent most common household spiders.
- Normal house spiders create an abundance of webs. Take care to frequently vacuum up any eggs or webs you may find, and empty the vacuum outside.
- Reducing clutter reduces hiding places and will help prevent spiders in your home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your house.
- Limit the time exterior lights are on; this will help prevent insects that will attract spiders.
- Work closely with a professional pest control company to reduce insect populations around your home. Fewer insects on your property make it less likely that spiders will want to enter your home.
Prevention can go a long way to keeping most spiders outdoors where they belong.
How Do I Get Rid Of Spiders In My House For Good?
Spider prevention measures can help, but it is time to call in the pros if you have a spider problem. At A-1 Bonded Termite, our pest control technicians have experience with all types of spiders, from common household ones to the most dangerous spiders in California.
Professional pest control will eradicate the spiders you have in your home and prevent them from returning. Spiders often find our homes attractive because they find an abundance of insects that they prey on. Removing insect infestations inside your home will keep most spiders outside. Contact A-1 Bonded Termite today to request your free inspection and keep your home insect and spider free for good.