Tips And Tricks To Keep Spiders Away From Your Anaheim Home
October 11, 2022 - Spiders
Everyone is afraid of something, and one pest that scares many people is the lowly spider. Perhaps you have a family member that is a fearless risk taker, but when a spider comes across his path, he jumps. As a child, you may have thought your mother was invincible until you saw how a spider made her run from the room shouting, "kill it, kill it!" Perhaps spiders cause shivers to run down your spine.
If you have spiders in your house and are suffering from spider anxiety, then you need the Anaheim pest control experts from A-1 Bonded Termite. Our three-generation, family-owned local business has been eliminating spiders since 1976. Over the last 45 years, we have gathered the tools, experience, and knowledge to ensure pest control success. We will end your spider problem so you can relax at home.
What Do Spiders In Anaheim Look Like?
There are over 60 California spiders species; however, you will likely see these in your Anaheim home:
- Black widows: These spiders have a distinctive red hourglass mark on their abdomen.
- Brown recluse: You can identify these spiders by the dark violin shape on their brown backs.
- Wolf: These eight-legged big, hairy brown spiders may be over an inch in length and have yellow or light brown stripes on their body.
- Cellar: These look like daddy longlegs due to their thin, long legs that extend two inches out from their short or long body.
- Jumping: These spiders are black, grey, or brown with short legs. They have four big eyes on the face and four small eyes on the top of the head.
Common spiders in California, the brown recluse, black widow, and cellar spiders, build webs, while the jumping and wolf spiders do not construct silky traps.
Is It Dangerous To Have Spiders In My Home?
Some spiders are dangerous, while others are a nuisance. Of the five common spiders previously listed, the black widow and brown recluse are poisonous spiders. The venom of a black widow is up to 15 times stronger compared to a rattlesnake. You will suffer nausea, muscle aches, and difficulty breathing if a black widow bites you. Likewise, symptoms of a brown recluse bite include fever, difficulty sleeping, and restlessness. Occasionally, an ulcer will develop at the wound site due to the venom eating the underlying tissue, and, if not treated, the ulcer may extend to the bone.
Some dermatologists argue that jumping spiders bite more people than any other spider. The bites may create a small bump and cause the victim some pain. Wolf spiders will bite too, but only if provoked. The bite from a wolf spider causes no harmful symptoms. Cellar spiders are not known to bite humans.
Easy & Effective Spider Prevention Tips
These are simple and practical ways to keep spiders out of the house:
- Seal cracks in the foundation and gaps around pipes and wiring leading into the home
- Remove debris from the crawlspace, garage, attic, and basement
- Replace cardboard storage boxes with plastic sealable containers
- Eliminate standing water on the property
- Repair leaky pipes in the house
- Dehumidify high-moisture areas
- Use exterior bug lights and limit the use of outdoor lighting at night
- Repair holes in window and door screens
- Trim back tree branches and shrubs away from the house
Insects attract spiders; reducing enticements for insects will naturally control the spider population.
The Secret To Total Spider Control In Anaheim
The best way to get rid of spiders is by contacting our pest control team at A-1 Bonded Termite. When we inspect your Anaheim house, we will identify the spider species infesting your home, develop a custom treatment plan targeting the problematic pest and eliminate the spider infestation from your residence. Depending upon your preference, we will follow up regularly to ensure spiders no longer disrupt you in your house. Contact us today and schedule a free inspection.