The Struggle With Effective Ant Control In Anaheim
March 20, 2023 - Ants
Offering great outdoor activities, beautiful weather, and natural landscapes, Anaheim is a great place to live. Nonetheless, sometimes uninvited guests like ants can plague even the cleanest Anaheim homes. If you need effective pest control in Anaheim to get rid of ants, we have the solution for you.
Common Types Of Ants That Plague Anaheim Homes
Due to Anaheim's diverse climate and terrain, it has become a hotspot for ant activity. The following are some of the most common ant species that infest Anaheim homes:
- Argentine ants: These ants are tiny and light-colored. They usually live near water sources, like sinks, toilets, and drains.
- Carpenter ants: These ants tunnel through wood to build their nests and can cause structural damage comparable to termite damage.
- Little black ants: These tiny ants are attracted to sweets. They usually build their nests inside cracks and crevices.
- Odorous house ants: These ants are tiny, dark in color, and emit a foul smell when crushed. They often live in kitchens and pantries.
- Pavement ants: These small, black ants build their nests in the cracks in sidewalks and pavement. They are also attracted to sweets and often invade homes through fissures in the foundation.
If you have seen any of the ants mentioned above in your house, we recommend you seek ant pest control near you.
The Problems Ants Can Cause In Your House
Ants can cause many problems in your house, so don't hesitate to contact A-1 Bonded Termite for ant pest control if you see these insects. Different types of ants cause various issues. For example, carpenter ants are a threat to your property. They can damage the wood in your home to build their nests. They can also weaken support beams and cause structural damage that looks like termite damage. While carpenter ants often attack exterior wooden structures, like patio supports or fence posts, they can also damage the inside of your house.
Other kinds of ants, like Argentine ants, can promote plant pests. These ants can move different plant pests around, such as aphids, mealybugs, and scales. This can damage (or even destroy) the flowers and plants in your garden.
Odorous house ants, little black ants, and pavement ants can contaminate your food. If you eat food contaminated by these ants, you could experience flu-like symptoms. Additionally, ants multiply rapidly, so getting rid of them can be a nuisance (and a never-ending headache!) If you're dealing with ants on your property, we suggest you seek professional pest control services.
What's Attracting Ants Into My Home?
Ants are some of the most annoying pests to find in your home. Unfortunately, Anaheim homes are at risk for many different types of ants. That said, you may be wondering what is attracting ants to your house or apartment.
Here is a list of some of the most common reasons why ants enter our homes:
- Certain flowers and plants
- Food crumbs or other food items
- Shelter and protection
- Water sources or standing water
As part of our ant prevention tips, we recommend that you reduce or avoid the factors that attract ants into your home in the first place. Keep reading to learn how to remove ants from your property effectively.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Home For Good
If you need ant control in Anaheim, A-1 Bonded Termite can help. As part of our comprehensive pest management program, our professional technicians will begin with a thorough home inspection to locate any entry points, signs of ant activity, or damage. We will then discuss treatment options with you to find the best one for your unique situation, apply your treatment, and provide follow-up visits to make sure your home stays pest-free. If you need home pest control for ants, schedule a free inspection with A-1 Bonded Termite today and take back your home from ants.