The Secret To Stop Bed Bugs From Reinfesting Your Anaheim Home
October 07, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Do you have memories of winning a game growing up? Thinking back on that moment may trigger a smile on your face and pride. There is no better feeling than the feeling of victory. Success often occurs after a long struggle and sacrifice, but when you triumph, you are elated.
Fighting bed bugs is a work in progress. According to the National Pest Management Association, pest experts agree that eradicating bed bugs is a struggle, but it is possible. If you had a bed bug infestation in the past, you understand the fight. The last thing you want is for bed bugs to reinfest your home. Don't risk a return of the bed bugs! Take preventative action and secure the Anaheim pest control experts from A-1 Bonded Termite. Continue reading this article to educate yourself so you can take action to stop bed bugs from reentering your Anaheim home.
Early Warning Signs Of Bed Bugs
While you sleep, bed bugs actively use you as a host. Since they inject an anesthetic and an anticoagulant when they draw their blood meal from your body, you won't feel their bite, and you likely won't notice the red bumps until a couple of days after they start. Fortunately, there are other indications beyond bed bug bites like these:
- Fecal stains: Look for these reddish-brown stains in mattress seams, sheets, walls, and upholstery.
- Eggs: They are white to cream-colored, and bed bugs deposit eggs on walls, upholstery, box springs, and mattresses or in cracks and corners.
- Empty egg shells: A female bed bug lays eggs two to three times a day, or about 250 in her lifetime! Eggshells will be in the same locations as the eggs.
- Exoskeletons: Bed bugs shed their skeletons as they grow. You will find discarded skins around carpet edges, box springs, and wood frames.
- Odor: Bed bugs release a pheromone to alert others of danger. The chemical release has a musty aroma. Excessive fecal matter may contribute to the smell too.
- Bed bugs: You may find them in the egg locations, behind headboards, picture frames, and electrical outlets.
If you see these signs, you need A-1 Bonded Termite because we provide proven bed bug control near you.
What A Bed Bug Infestation Is Like
A bed bug infestation in your Anaheim home will cause you discomfort! Since bed bugs live near the host, you will have bites on your body. The bed bugs will feed on your blood while you sleep, and after they have finished, they return to their hiding places.
Red, itchy bumps are bed bug signs. Wounds from bed bugs will arise on the location where they pierced your body. Fortunately, bed bugs do not spread disease, but the bites are uncomfortable and may become infected with excessive scratching. The number of wounds on your body will increase as the infestation grows. Remember, just one female bed bug lays up to 250 eggs!
How To Stop Bed Bugs From Coming Back To Your Anaheim Home
If you have had bed bugs, you don't want to risk a re-infestation! Here are bed bug control techniques for your home to ensure they stay away:
- Vacuum the house regularly; use a wand attachment to suction corners and cracks
- Inspect clothing, shoes, boxes, and luggage after staying in a public place or traveling on public transportation
- Examine thoroughly used furniture before bringing it into the house.
- Wash clothing and bedding and dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove clothing off of the floor and all other debris.
Maintaining good sanitation and vigilance will prevent another infestation of bed bugs in your Anaheim home.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Home Permanently?
To get rid of bed bugs, you need our pest control experts from A-1 Bonded Termite. Our family-owned company has been servicing the Anaheim area for over 45 years. Our fumigation service eliminates bed bugs no matter where they are hiding! Contact us today!