The Secret To Getting Rid Of Carpenter Ants On Your Anaheim Property
February 01, 2022 - Carpenter Ants
There's no doubt about it - carpenter ants can be a big problem in Anaheim. These destructive pests can quickly cause a lot of damage to your property. Even worse, this damage will likely be done by the time you notice them.
Each year, carpenter ants cause millions of dollars in damage to homes and businesses. That's why it's so important to be proactive about your carpenter ant defense. The best way to do this is to consult an Anaheim pest control expert.
We can help you identify the most vulnerable areas of your property and put together a plan to keep these pests out.
Clear Signs Of Carpenter Ants
The most challenging aspect of carpenter ant control is that these pests are very good at hiding. They build their nests inside the wood, which means they are seldom in plain sight. This makes it tough to spot an infestation until it's too late. However, there are some clear signs that you can look for that indicate a carpenter ant problem:
- Carpenter ants: This is the most obvious sign of an infestation. These ants are black and about 1/4 to 1/2 inches long. They have a sharply curved back, which distinguishes them from other types of ants.
- Frass: Carpenter ant frass in your home is another clear sign of an infestation. This is the sawdust-like material that they produce as they chew through wood. You'll usually find it near their nests or in areas where they're traveling.
- Hollowed-out wood: Carpenter ants hollow out the wood to create their nests. If you tap on wood and it sounds hollow, there's a good chance carpenter ants are responsible.
- Swarmers: Carpenter ants with wings on your Anaheim property are a sign that you have a mature infestation. These are the carpenter ants that will go out and start new colonies.
Should you find any of these signs on your Anaheim property, it's important to take action right away. The longer you wait, the worse the problem will become. Consulting with a pest exterminator is the best way to get rid of carpenter ants and prevent them from returning.
The Damage Carpenter Ants Can Create On Your Property
Carpenter ants in Anaheim can cause a lot of damage to your property. Here are some of the most common ways they can harm your home or business:
- Carpenter ants chew through wood, damaging structures and furniture.
- Carpenter ants don't eat the wood they nest in like termites, so they often look to our kitchens for a quick meal and contaminate food sources.
- Carpenter ants have powerful jaws and can bite humans and pets, causing irritation and infection.
All of this damage can add up quickly, costing you thousands of dollars in repairs. You can avoid carpenter ant damage to your home or business by taking proactive steps to keep them out. Contact an Anaheim pest control expert for more information.
Why You Shouldn't Try To Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants On Your Own
D.I.Y products like carpenter ant spray, bait, or traps might seem like a good idea, but they're rarely effective in the long run. Carpenter ants are very smart and can quickly become resistant to these products. In addition, misusing them can make the problem worse.
It's much better to leave carpenter ant removal to the professionals. They'll locate the carpenter ant queen on your property and use the right products to get rid of her. This will eliminate the carpenter ants for good and prevent them from coming back.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Carpenter Ants On The Property
Carpenter ants can cause a lot of damage to your property and should be removed as soon as possible. If you think you have carpenter ants on your Anaheim property, contact A-1 Bonded Termite.
We specialize in safe and effective carpenter ant removal. You can expect utmost professionalism and discretion from our team. We'll work quickly to get rid of the carpenter ants and restore peace of mind. Reach out to us today for a free pest control consultation.