Taking The Hassle Out Of House Mouse Control In Anaheim
March 20, 2022 - Mice
Mice can be a real nuisance, not to mention a health hazard. If you have one mouse in your home, it’s only a matter of time before you have an infestation. These pesky critters can damage your property and carry diseases that put your family at risk. That’s why it’s essential to call the professionals if you suspect you have mice in your Anaheim home. Regular pest control in Anaheim will promptly remove these pests from your property and ensure they stay out.
How To Identify A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
Mice are small, brown, and furry. They typically live in dark, secluded areas like basements and attics. These pests are silent and quick, so they can be hard to spot. If you suspect you have mice in your home, look for the following signs:
- Droppings: Mice leave behind small droppings that are dark in color. You may find these near food sources or in areas where mice are hiding.
- Chew marks: Mice have sharp teeth and love to chew on things. They’ll often chew through wires, insulation, wood, and other materials in your home.
- Noise: These pests are typically very quiet, but you may be able to hear them scurrying around or gnawing on things at night.
- Sightings: If you see a mouse, you likely have a severe infestation.
If you suspect you have a mouse problem in your home, get a mouse exterminator right away. These professionals will be able to quickly and effectively get rid of these pests so you can rest easy.
The Dangerous Diseases Mice Spread
One of the dangers of having mice in your home is that they can spread diseases. These pests carry a variety of harmful conditions, including:
- Hantavirus spreads through rodent droppings, urine, and saliva. It can cause fever, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
- Salmonella is a bacteria spread through contact with rodent feces and results in food poisoning.
- Leptospirosis is a bacterial infection that you can contract from water or soil contaminated with rodent urine.
- E. coli spreads through contact with rodent feces and can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach cramps
These are just a few of the diseases that mice can spread. As you can see, it’s important to get rid of these pests as soon as possible. The most effective way to get rid of mice from your property is with help from a specialist.
Why DIY Mouse Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
Most DIY alternatives claim to be the best way to catch mice. Unfortunately, more often than not, these methods are ineffective. Here are the reasons why you should avoid them:
- Mice are quick and agile. They can easily avoid traps and baits.
- Baits can be dangerous if consumed by children or pets.
- Traps can cause injuries to mice, as well as to people and pets who touch them.
- Chemicals used in DIY mouse control can be harmful to humans and the environment.
- Rodenticides (poisons) used in DIY mouse control can take days or weeks to work.
The best way to get rid of rats and mice in your home is professional pest control. We have the experience and expertise to safely and effectively eliminate these pests. In addition, we can help you prevent future infestations.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Mice In Your Home
Mice multiply quickly and can become a significant health hazard in the blink of an eye. If you see one mouse in your home, it’s only a matter of time before you have an infestation. Let A-1 Bonded Termite take care of your rodent problem quickly, efficiently, and affordably.
We’ll create a customized plan to eliminate these pests and keep them from coming back. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection.