Professional Rodent Control Is The Way To Go For Your Anaheim Home
April 23, 2022 - Rodents
Although a few individuals enjoy keeping rodents as pets, most people would much rather not have them in their homes. Anaheim residents are no different - and for a good reason.
Despite how cute rodents are, left unchecked, these furry little creatures are known to destroy property, contaminate food sources, and spread disease. To add insult to injury - they reproduce at an alarming rate, meaning that once they've taken up residence in your home, it can be tough to get rid of them.
If you think you may have a rodent problem, contact professional pest control in Anaheim as soon as possible. We'll quickly and discreetly remove the rodents from your home, preventing further damage or contamination.
Types Of Rodents That Commonly Invade Anaheim Homes
Different types of rodents live in the Anaheim area, but three commonly invade local homes. These include:
- Norway rats: These rats are also known as brown rats, and they're the largest of the three. They can grow up to ten inches long and weigh up to a pound.
- House mice: As their name suggests, house mice often live in homes. They're much smaller than Norway rats, only growing to be about three inches long.
- Roof rats: Roof rats get their name because they frequent high places, like attics and roofs. They're smaller than Norway rats but larger than house mice.
What makes these pests troublesome is that each has unique behaviors and characteristics. Hence, they require varying methods of control and removal.
For instance, Norway rats are strong swimmers, so they're often found in sewers and other damp areas. On the other hand, roof rats are excellent climbers, so they're often found in high places like attics. And house mice can squeeze through tiny spaces, which is how they often find their way into homes. Remember, all of these rodents carry diseases that can harm humans, so it's crucial to take care of the problem as soon as possible.
So, the next time you hear rodents in attic spaces or see mouse droppings in your kitchen, don't hesitate to contact the professionals. We have the tools and expertise needed to eliminate the threat.
The Damage And Dangers Rodents Can Create Around Your Home
Not only are common rodents like rats and mice a nuisance, but they can also cause extensive damage. For example, rodents are known to:
- Chew through electrical wires, creating fire hazards
- Contaminate food sources with their urine and feces
- Spread diseases like hantavirus, salmonella, and bubonic plague
- Damage insulation, drywall, and wood
As you can see, rodents are not your average house guests. They're destructive, dangerous, and carry diseases. So, it's crucial to deal with them head-on.
The longer rodents are allowed to stay in your home, the more damage they'll cause. And the more damage they cause, the more expensive it will be to repair. Don't wait until your home is infested - contact professional pest control in Anaheim at the first sign of trouble.
The Hassles With Do-It-Yourself Rodent Control
Few things in life are as satisfying as taking care of a problem yourself. The pride you get when you're able to fix something is second to none.
But when it comes to rodents, do-it-yourself methods are usually not the best way to go for a variety of reasons, including:
- Most home remedies for rodents are ineffective. Mice and rats have been around for centuries, so they know how to avoid traps and poison.
- Even if you're able to remove the rodents yourself, there's no guarantee they won't come back.
- And if you're not careful, you could do more harm than good. For example, if you use poison to kill a rodent, there's a chance that other animals or even children will find the carcass and become sick.
The most effective and safe way to get rid of rodents is to contact pest control. Specialists have honed their skills over years of experience. They know how to find rodents and remove them quickly and efficiently.
Plus, they have the proper safety equipment to protect themselves and your family from diseases. And, unlike the multiple over-the-counter products you can find in nearly all stores, pest control specialists have access to much more effective professional-grade products.
When it comes to rodents, don't take chances - contact a professional.
Call The Pros For Total Rodent Control For Your Home
As soon as you notice signs of rodents, contact the professionals. At A1 Bonded Termite, we specialize in all kinds of rodent control, from mice and rats to gophers and groundhogs. We rely on green pest control methods, so you can rest assured that your family and pets will be safe.
We're an OCR affiliate, fully licensed, and BBB accredited with an A+ rating, so you can trust that we'll get the job done right.
Contact us today to schedule a free inspection of your home. We'll work quickly to remove the rodents and put measures in place to prevent them from coming back. Don't wait - call us now.