How To Get Rid Of Silverfish In Your Anaheim House For Good
February 16, 2022 - Silverfish
You're lying in bed, trying to get to sleep. It's been a long day, and you're exhausted. Suddenly, you feel something tickling your foot. You lift the covers to find a small, silvery creature scurrying away into the dark corners of your room. Gross! What are these things?
The good news is, if you're dealing with silverfish in your home, they aren't harmful to humans. The bad news is, they're still really creepy, can cause damage around your home, and you probably don't want them hanging around. Contact a licensed Anaheim pest control company to help you get rid of these pesky critters for good.
What Is A Silverfish?
Silverfish are small, wingless insects typically measuring about a half-inch in length. They get their name from their silvery coloring and fish-like appearance. Silverfish live throughout the United States.
These pests prefer moist environments and often live in basements, bathrooms, kitchens, and attics. Silverfish are scavengers and feed on various materials, including glue, a starch found in paper, cotton, and linen. They can cause severe damage to paper products, fabrics, and other materials in the home.
The reasons why silverfish infest your home could be due to you unknowingly inviting them in. Maybe you left some old food out, or there was a small gap in your window seal that they crawled through. Once silverfish are in, it can be challenging to get rid of them without professional help.
Why You Don't Want Silverfish Hanging Around Your Home
If you find silverfish around your home, there's a good chance you have a silverfish infestation. These pests are not known to be harmful to humans, but here are a few reasons why you might want to get rid of them:
- They are a nuisance: Silverfish are creepy, crawly, and can be a significant nuisance in the home.
- They cause damage: Silverfish can cause significant damage to paper products around the home, including books, magazines, and wallpaper.
- They're difficult to get rid of: Once silverfish have infested your home, they can be difficult to eliminate.
- They can attract other pests: Silverfish attract other pests, such as cockroaches.
Let's face it, harmless or not; no one wants these pests hanging around their home. Contact a licensed Anaheim pest control contractor for assistance if you're dealing with a silverfish infestation.
Four No-Sweat Prevention Tips To Keep Silverfish Out Of Your Home
Getting rid of silverfish can be a challenge. However, there are a few simple things you can do to prevent them from infesting your home in the first place:
- Silverfish thrive in cluttered environments. Be sure to keep your home clean and free of clutter.
- Silverfish are attracted to moisture. Ensure your home is well-ventilated and dry.
- Silverfish are looking for an easy meal. Store food in airtight containers and keep cabinets and pantries clean.
- If you catch it early, you can stay on top of silverfish invasions. Get rid of silverfish naturally by using diatomaceous earth.
If you're having trouble getting rid of silverfish or would like to prevent them from infesting your home in the first place, contact a pest professional. We can help you get rid of these pesky pests for good.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Silverfish In Your House Fast!
Despite the countless over-the-counter products such as silverfish repellent, traps, and powders, hiring a professional silverfish control company is the best way to deal with silverfish.
At A-1 Bonded Termite, we have over 40 years of experience dealing with silverfish and other common pests in Anaheim. Our team of certified professionals will quickly and efficiently get rid of silverfish in your home.
Contact us today for a free estimate!