How To Get Rid Of Pantry Pests In Your Anaheim Cupboards
January 05, 2022 - Pantry Pests
While most of us take care to keep our kitchen counters and appliances clean, we often overlook other potential sources of pests. One such source is your pantry. Pantry pests are attracted to dried and processed food products, like those commonly found in Anaheim home pantries.
Although they won't bite or sting, these pests can easily contaminate stored food and get into the home undetected from already infested purchases. If you find pantry pests in your food items, it is important to get pest control in Anaheim fast.
The Types Of Bugs You Might Find In Your Anaheim Cupboards
There are a few different types of bugs that like to call your pantry home. Each is attracted to different kinds of food, so it's essential to identify them.
The most common types of pantry pest include:
- The Indian meal moth: As the name suggests, these insects seek anything with a grain-like consistency, such as flour, cereal, and pasta. You might also find these moths around pet food, birdseed, and stored nuts.
- The pantry beetle: Pantry pest beetle larvae will eat just about anything in your pantry, including grains, spices, cereals, and even chocolate.
- Moths: While not all moths are pantry pests, some common varieties like the webbing clothes moth and the case-bearing moth often infest pantries.
- Weevils: Weevils are small, dark-colored beetles attracted to grains, cereals, flour, and rice.
If you find any of these pests in your Anaheim pantry, it's important to take action right away. Not only can they contaminate your food, but they can also start breeding and multiplying quickly. Getting professional pantry pest control is the best way to get rid of them for good and ensure that they don't come back.
The Ways Pantry Pests Sneak Into Your Cupboards
Pantry pests can come into your home in several ways. Understanding how they enter can help you be more vigilant in preventing an infestation.
The most common ways pantry pests sneak into your home include:
- Hitching a ride on food products that you purchase from the grocery store or other retail outlets.
- Come in with delivered food items, such as flour, cereal, and pasta.
- These pests can also enter your home through cracks, crevices, or open windows.
Even with the aid of a black flag pantry pest trap, getting rid of pantry pests can be a challenge. Hence, it's crucial to get professional help if you think you have an infestation.
Four Naturally Effective Pantry Pest Prevention Tips
If you're not comfortable with solutions such as pantry pest spray or pantry pest repellent, there are some natural pantry pest prevention tips you can try.
Here are four natural, practical pantry pest prevention tips:
- Use airtight containers to store food items.
- Keep your pantry clean and free of crumbs and spills.
- Inspect all food items before bringing them into your home.
- Use pantry pest traps.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your pantry pest-free. But, if you do find yourself with a pantry pest infestation, be sure to contact a professional pest control company right away.
How Professional Pest Control Is A Great Pantry Pest Control Solution
You shouldn't take pantry pests lightly since they can cause a lot of damage to your food supply. They may also cause health problems if ingested. Hence, it's important to get professional help in getting rid of pantry pests.
At A-1 Bonded Termite, we have the experience and knowledge to get rid of pantry pests for good. We use various methods, including pantry pest spray, to eliminate these pests from your home.
We also offer ongoing prevention services to help keep pantry pests from returning. Contact us today for a free inspection and get on your way to a pest-free pantry.