How Crickets Can Ruin Your Good Night's Sleep In Anaheim
January 25, 2023 - Crickets
There are different types of crickets, and they are all known for the chirping sounds from the males that use them to attract females. The chirping sounds of these crickets annoy most people, depending on the circumstance. But you may wonder if the cricket insect is harmful and the best way to remove them from your home if the need arises. Fortunately, this article will discuss these thoughts and help you learn about their characteristics. And if you are looking for a professional team for cricket pest control in Anaheim, feel free to contact A-1 Bonded Termite.
Characteristics Of Common Crickets
Although many people enjoy hearing crickets at night, they can also cause some damage to crops and can become pests. Here are the primary characteristics if you are unfamiliar with how they look.
- Color: Most crickets are yellow, black, or brown; many can have two or more colors, like brown and yellow which fade into each other with time. The house cricket is yellowish-brown. Along their head and thorax, you will find dark bands.
- Legs: The most notable body part of crickets are their long and powerful hind legs that appear thicker than the front legs. You will notice sharp spines on the legs of the cricket, which you see and feel when you hold it. Like other insects, crickets use the tympanum on the leg to catch the sound, the same way the ear functions.
- Additional Appendages: Most female crickets have an ovipositor -a very long egg-laying guide. This feature, which is usually longer than the body, is ventrally attached at the rear.
- Habits: House crickets become household pests when they lay their eggs indoors. For the most part, the cricket nest or crickets tend to stay near furnaces and fireplaces.
- Cricket species differ in size, color, and habitat but share most characteristics. Since they are also close to grasshoppers, they share some traits.
The most common sign of a house cricket invasion is the chirping noises they produce. Pair it with identifying markers above, and you can quickly contact a professional with reliable information about what is happening in your home.
The Damage And Disruptions Crickets Can Cause In Your Home
The mandibles on crickets are not strong enough to break the human skin, which is why they don't usually attack people. However, they are carriers of parasites and sicknesses like Salmonella and Escherichia Coli. If you come in touch with cricket poop, you can become itchy and have unpleasant rashes and blisters. And just like that, you become sick.
When crickets in Anaheim get indoors, they will eat anything on their way. They can damage paper, plants, wood, leather, and other materials if you avoid responding when you see them indoors. If crickets infest your home, they will rip your clothes, eat the wallpaper, and damage more household items.
How And Why Crickets Find Their Way Into Your Home
Crickets are tiny insects that can access your home through tiny openings. Bright outdoor lighting is one reason you may find crickets on your property. That is why people use yellow outdoor lighting to avoid attracting these pests. Regarding how they access your home, crickets use window frames, A/C lines, walls, and pipe gaps. If all these access points and more exist, how best can one remove a cricket infestation?
Professional Cricket Control For Anaheim Properties
If you want to get rid of crickets, contact professionals from A-1 Bonded Termite. Expert exterminators understand how crickets behave, where they hide indoors, where they nest, the cricket trap that can work, and even create the best solution unique to your house. Although crickets are harmless creatures, you certainly want to work with professionals to get them off your property. Your local A-1 Bonded Termite professional is trained to help control crickets and other pests. Since all homes are different, your A-1 Bonded Termite expert will design a bespoke cricket treatment for your pest problem.
Crickets are insects with a unique identifying feature: the chirping sound they produce. Although many people like to hear these sounds at night, it becomes annoying and worrisome if the noise signifies their presence inside your home. Instead of spending countless hours trying to spot these insects and using non-effective DIY methods, consult with experts from A-1 Bonded Termite company for safe and effective home pest control programs customized to meet the problem in your Anaheim home. Drop us a line today to learn more about our services and how we can service your pest needs.