Everything You Need To Know About Sow Bug Infestations In Anaheim
August 28, 2022 - Sowbugs
Have you been seeing small, brown bugs crawling around your Anaheim garden? You may have a sow bug infestation. Sow bugs can be a major nuisance for gardeners, as they can damage plants and flowers. A1 Bonded Termite will discuss everything you need to know about sow bugs in Anaheim. We'll talk about how to identify them, what attracts them to your garden, how to get rid of them, and how to make sure they don't come back with Anaheim pest control.
The Differences Between Sow Bugs And Pill Bugs
Sow bugs and pill bugs are often confused with each other. Here are a few ways to tell them apart:
- Sow bugs have six legs, while pill bugs have eight.
- Sow bugs are dark brown or black, while pill bugs are gray.
- Sow bugs cannot roll into a ball, while pill bugs can.
If you see small, dark brown, or black bugs crawling around your garden, you may have a sow bug infestation. These pests are often found near damp areas, such as in mulch or under rocks. You may also see them in your home, as they can crawl through small cracks and crevices.
Sow bugs in your garden can cause a big problem. They feed on plants and flowers, which can damage your garden. In addition, they can also spread diseases to your plants. If you have a sow bug infestation, it's important to take action to get rid of them.
Why Are Sow Bugs Attracted To Your Garden?
There are a few reasons why you may have sow bugs in your vegetable garden in Anaheim. One reason is that they're looking for food. Sow bugs feed on decaying organic matter, such as leaves and mulch. If you have a lot of these things in your garden, it's more likely that sow bugs will be attracted to it.
Another reason why sow bugs may be attracted to your garden is that it's damp. Sow bugs thrive in moist conditions, so a garden that's regularly watered is more likely to attract them. Finally, if you have a lot of rocks or other hiding places in your garden, sow bugs may be more likely to take up residence there.
The best way to protect your garden is by preventing sow bugs from entering in the first place. Here are some ways to do that:
- Keep your garden clean and free of debris. Sow bugs are attracted to decaying organic matter, so keeping your garden clean will help deter them.
- Remove hiding places. Sow bugs like to hide in rocks and other hiding places. Remove these from your garden to make it less inviting for them.
- Apply mulch. Applying a layer of mulch to your garden will help deter sow bugs.
Besides gardens, sow bugs are often found indoors inside bathrooms because they're attracted to the moisture. To prevent sow bugs in your bathroom in Anaheim, make sure to keep it well ventilated. You can also use a dehumidifier to help control the moisture level in your bathroom.
How To Get Rid Of A Sow Bug Infestation
If you already have a sow bug infestation, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them:
- Remove them by hand. This is the best way to get rid of a small number of sow bugs.
- Use a garden hose to blast them away. This is a good option if you have a large number of sow bugs.
- Apply diatomaceous earth around your garden. This natural substance will kill sow bugs on contact.
- Set out traps. This is a good way to reduce the population of sow bugs in your garden.
However, there are drawbacks to these DIY methods. if you're not careful, you can end up harming other insects in your garden, including beneficial ones. Also, these methods may not be effective in getting rid of all the sow bugs. The best way to get rid of a sow bug infestation is to contact a professional pest control company.
Professional Removal Of A Sow Bug Infestation In Anaheim
If you're looking for a way to get rid of sow bugs in your Anaheim house or garden for good, consider hiring a professional pest control company. A1 Bonded Termite has been helping Anaheim residents with sow bugs and other pest problems for more than 45 years. We will inspect your property and identify the source of the infestation. We will then create a customized treatment plan to get rid of the pests. In addition, we will also take steps to prevent them from coming back. Contact us today to learn more about our Anaheim pest control services.