How Do I Keep Mosquitoes Away From My Anaheim Yard?
June 11, 2022 - Mosquitoes
Nothing is worse than one or more buzzing mosquitoes ruining your evenings or early mornings spent outside in your Anaheim yard. The bites from this pest can be itchy and sometimes dangerous, so it is vital to get rid of mosquitoes as soon as you notice a problem on your property. Our article aims to help you understand the dangers of mosquitoes and point you in the right direction for natural ways to keep mosquitoes away and Anaheim pest control to deal with this pest.
What Good Are Mosquitoes?
Many people associate mosquitoes with a nuisance pest, but this insect is relatively important in our ecosystem. Mosquitoes act as a pollinator for several plant species; male mosquitoes exclusively drink plant nectar, while female mosquitoes have a mixed diet of blood and nectar. Without mosquitoes helping to pollinate, certain plant species would suffer greatly, affecting the entire ecosystem.
Additionally, mosquitoes in all life stages (egg, larvae, pupae, and adult) serve as an essential food source to birds, fish, and other insects. If mosquitoes were to disappear, the food sources of certain animals would be affected to the detriment of the entire food chain.
Mosquitoes are still unpleasant to encounter around your yard, and you should implement ways to repel mosquitoes if you want to deter large populations of this pest from descending on you each time you step outside.
Just How Dangerous Are Mosquitoes?
Bites from mosquitoes can be itchy and annoying, but they may also be dangerous. There are several diseases you can get from mosquitoes that include serious illnesses such as the Zika virus, West Nile virus, and malaria. Infected mosquitoes will transfer these diseases to you via a bite; not every mosquito will be carrying these diseases, but the more mosquitoes you have hanging around your yard, the higher your chances of picking up an illness.
It is also important to note that mosquitoes can cause allergic reactions. If you have symptoms such as trouble breathing or difficulty swallowing after receiving mosquito bites, you should be seeking medical attention immediately.
How Can I Reduce The Number Of Mosquitoes In My Yard?
To reduce the number of mosquitoes in your yard, follow some of our expert prevention tips below. These will help deter mosquitoes from moving in and breeding around your property:
- One of the best ways to reduce mosquitoes is to remove all areas of standing water around your yard: this will stop mosquitoes from breeding in the area, as even one inch is enough to lay eggs.
- Treat water features on your property, such as bird baths and ponds, with animal-safe products that kill mosquito eggs; this keeps mosquito populations to a minimum.
- Put plants in your yard that mosquitoes hate, such as citronella, lavender, and marigold; this can keep them away from areas like patios and balconies.
- Ensure that the grass in your yard stays cut low, remove any debris, and trim back overgrown foliage to reduce moist and shady areas. These areas are prime spots for mosquitoes to hide in during the day.
- Protect your home from mosquitoes and remove a source of shelter that mosquitoes might be attracted to by placing sturdy window and door screens around your home. Anything that makes your home less desirable can help to reduce mosquitoes around your property.
If you are having serious trouble eliminating an active mosquito infestation or the number of mosquitoes in your yard is unmanageable, you should reach out to the pest control experts at A-1 Bonded Termite for more assistance and get this problem under control.
What's The Best Form Of Mosquito Control For My Yard?
The best way to control mosquitoes around your Anaheim yard is to implement prevention tips and invest in the help of our professionals at A-1 Bonded Termite. Not only can professional mosquito control help to eradicate active mosquito infestations around your property, but it can also protect your yard from reinfestation. Our expert technicians will work closely with you and your property’s needs to keep your yard safe from mosquitoes throughout the mosquito season.
Contact us at A-1 Bonded Termite today for more information or start with professional mosquito control.